If you are interested in learning how to design and create your own jewelry, then we have the right classes for you. Jewelry classes are available for both beginner and intermediate students who want to gain and expand techniques in metalsmithing, design and finishing. Students will be able to create necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and more.
Instructor Karenna Maraj, who has studied at the Rhode Island School of Design, will guide students to create their very own inspired works of art by demonstrating the fundamentals of metalsmithing. New students will begin by learning the basics of sawing, filing and sodering. Intermediate students will enhance and increase their skills through practice and new techniques. The foundation of jewelry and will be displayed though step-by-step examples and helping one on one. Karenna will also work with students to create individual designs that reflect their vision and personality. The amount of work produced will vary depending on individual progress and students have the flexibility to address both their wants and needs. Students will find Metalsmithing very rewarding!
Flexiable Private & Group Classes
Things to Learn
- Gain an understanding of techniques such as sawing, filing, soldering, annealing, and hammering.
- Practice using jewelers saw to pierce sheet metal.
- Learn how to manipulate metals with texture and incorporate patterns.
- Learn how to use tools correctly and safety precautions.
- Learn patinas, polishing and finishing techniques.